When it comes to office clearance and commercial waste disposal, you need to ensure that you follow the correct process legally and safely. Getting rid of company waste can be time consuming, costly and complicated—that is, if you don’t know how to go about it correctly.
The best action you can take to clear your London office responsibly is to hire a fully vetted and insured waste removal company. Clear it Waste specialises in disposing of commercial waste safely, efficiently and legally in and around London.
But how much does professional commercial waste disposal cost, and is it worth hiring a specialist company to do the work for you? Read on to find out how to organise commercial waste removal and whether you need a commercial waste disposal licence.
What is commercial waste disposal?
Generally speaking, commercial waste refers to any rubbish produced by a company or through any business activity held on business premises. This waste can include materials produced by commercial businesses such as agriculture, construction or demolition, and general industry activities.
Commercial waste disposal refers to the act of removing waste products by following the legal guidelines set out by the UK government.
What are the different types of commercial waste?
Commercial waste should be categorised by the following:
- Biodegradable waste
- Chemical waste
- Construction waste
- Demolition waste
- Electronic waste
- Food leftovers
Clear it Waste is able to collect all types of commercial waste as part of its office clearance services in London.
Which materials are classified as commercial rubbish?
Materials classified as commercial waste can include:
- Electrical material
Other types of waste require responsible disposal with specific guidelines, such as construction waste materials. All commercial waste needs to be disposed of in a particular way—it can’t simply be thrown out with regular domestic waste.
What is the correct way to dispose of commercial waste?
Businesses have a legal responsibility to dispose of commercial waste correctly and safely. The easiest and most reliable way to dispose of commercial waste is to hire a team of registered professional waste carriers, such as Clear it Waste. Here are a few tips on how to dispose of commercial waste properly:
- Keep waste to a minimum by reusing, recycling or recovering waste (as recommended by the Waste Hierarchy guidance)
- Sort and store waste in a secure place (ensuring to follow additional rules if you’re storing hazardous waste)
- Complete a waste transfer note for each batch of commercial waste that leaves your business premises
- Check if your chosen waste carrier is registered to dispose of commercial waste
Clear it Waste is a registered waste carrier company, with all staff fully trained to dispose of commercial waste legally and safely.
What are the different types of office commercial waste disposal?
When it comes to office waste clearance, you can choose from two different types of commercial waste disposal: one-off office rubbish removal and scheduled office rubbish collection.
1. Office rubbish removal includes removing all types of commercial waste from office furniture and fixtures to electronics, paper and other non-hazardous junk.
2. Scheduled office rubbish collection allows you to manage your rubbish and waste removal in a way that suits your schedule. Clear it Waste can undertake direct collections and schedule pick-up services.
Clear it Waste specialises in clearing offices of all sizes, including helping companies relocate from one office premise to another. You can schedule our services for a time that suits you, whether during the day or out-of-hours—our team is flexible and follow careful planning to ensure your office clearance and commercial waste removal runs as smoothly as possible.
For more information about Clear it Waste’s office clearance and commercial waste disposal services, please get in touch.
How much does commercial waste disposal cost?
The price of commercial waste disposal services can differ depending on your area, the size of your office, and the type of waste materials you want to get rid of.
Not only will the hassle of correctly disposing of commercial waste be taken care of for you, but hiring a professional team will help you save money with office waste removal.
Clear it Waste is a fully registered and responsible professional commercial waste removal company that offers affordable office waste removal services. All quotes are personal, so you know you are receiving the best possible price from the experts. Please contact our friendly team for a free commercial waste removal quote.
Why choose Clear it Waste for your commercial waste disposal?
It’s easy to request a free no-obligation quote from Clear it Waste and to book online for your commercial waste disposal service.
With outstanding Google Review ratings, we are the best commercial waste carrier serving the London area. You can expect the following from Clear it Waste:
- Quick and efficient commercial waste removal services
- Systematic waste collection (if you would like a scheduled office waste collection)
- An eco-friendly approach to commercial waste disposal
- All services provided by fully licensed and vetted professionals that hold a waste carrier licence
Frequently asked questions about commercial waste disposal
Do I need a commercial waste licence?
If you want to dispose of your own commercial waste, you must register as a waste carrier. You can be fined up to £5,000 if you fail to register your business.
You may also need to apply for a waste permit if you want to use, recycle, treat, store or dispose of commercial waste yourself.
These issues and responsibilities can be taken care of by a professional waste carrier, such as Clear it Waste.
What problems might I face with commercial waste disposal?
From the variety to the toxicity of business rubbish, you may face some problems when it comes to disposing of your commercial waste.
Some problems you may face include:
- Complying with rubbish disposal regulations with regards to getting rid of harmful and toxic materials
- Expensive cost of commercial waste disposal
- Filling up landfills with waste and receiving subsequent landfilling charges
To reduce the risk of encountering these problems, you can hire a reputable waste carrier company to take care of these hurdles for you.